Duct Cleaning in Palm Desert, CA and Surrounding Areas
It’s easy to neglect the invisible maze of air ducts that winds through your home in Coachella Valley. Ductwork is a critical part of your central air HVAC system, but it’s natural not to give it a second thought. If not properly maintained, however, ductwork can become clogged with dust, allergens and other contaminants. Add moisture to the mix, and the ducts can also attract pests like insects and vermin. Professional duct cleaning from Palm Desert Air Conditioning and Heating Co. offers multiple benefits, including a healthier home.
Do You Need Duct Cleaning?
Forced-air HVAC systems work like the lungs of your home, exhaling cool or warm air and inhaling stale air for re-conditioning. From dust mites and chemical vapors to allergens like pollen, pollutants get pulled into the ductwork too. The average residential ductwork system circulates household air five to seven times per day. The longer you live in your home, the more contaminants accumulate on the ductwork. It makes sense to clean the ducts every few years. You may choose to have your ducts cleaned more frequently if:
- Your household has pets that shed hair and animal dander.
- Your home has been recently remodeled or renovated.
- Any occupants have health problems like asthma or allergies.
- Your home has been damaged by water intrusion.
- There are smokers in the household.
- You’ve had problems with pests.
Duct Cleaning and HVAC Efficiency
Dirty ducts aren’t just bad for your health. They also have a significant impact on the efficiency of your HVAC system. Contaminants can settle on critical equipment, damaging parts and impairing performance. Keeping the components clean safeguards your wallet against unexpected repairs and replacements. Duct cleaning can lower your heating and cooling costs too. A clean air duct system helps keep your energy bills manageable every month of the year.
Our Air Duct Cleaning Service
Our duct cleaning services begin with a thorough inspection of your air distribution system. We’ll identify potential issues like moisture intrusion, loose connections or leaks in the ductwork. When the ducts are ready for cleaning, we’ll take steps to protect your floors and furnishings before we start the work.
- Breaking contaminants loose: Properly cleaning HVAC systems requires removing the sources of contamination. Source removal begins with use of one or more agitation devices designed to loosen contaminants from the surfaces within the heating and air conditioning system. Examples of agitation devices include brushes, air whips, and compressed air nozzles or “skipper balls.” Agitation can also be achieved through hand-brushing or contact vacuuming.
- Collection of contaminants: During cleaning, the entire HVAC system is placed under continuous negative pressure (vacuum) to prevent the spread of contaminants. Continuous negative pressure allows very fine particles to be removed from the system as they become airborne, ensuring that these particles are not released into the living space when the system is turned on after cleaning.
Regular duct cleaning helps improve indoor air quality so everyone can breathe easy. Our air duct cleaning service also helps ensure that you enjoy the full benefits of your HVAC system. At Palm Desert Air Conditioning and Heating, we’re proud to provide services that make your home a healthier and more comfortable place.