2 Thermostats to Choose from for Your Palm Desert Home
Your thermostat is the one thing standing between you and a blissfully cool home on a hot Palm Desert day. You may not want your HVAC system working on overdrive to cool an empty home, but a smart thermostat can give you the power to cool it down just before your arrival back home. If that doesn’t convince you that it’s time to consider a new thermostat, what about a unit that predicts your energy needs and adjusts settings automatically?
All of that technology and much more is available today. In addition to routine maintenance HVAC services, the best thing you can do for your energy bill is control how your heating and air conditioning system runs over time.
Modern HVAC Thermostat Features
A lot of technological innovations have hit the HVAC field over the last 10 years. It’s no longer necessary to choose just one setting for your system and hope the weather cooperates. That means your days of walking into a sweltering home at the end of a long day are over because you have the option to install a smart thermostat or a standard thermostat with upgraded features.
If it’s been a while since you considered your thermostat options, look over this list to learn about some of the most in-demand thermostat features available today:
- Programmable Thermostats – Program your system to maintain specific temperatures at different times of the day, seven days a week. Control energy expenditure by keeping the temperature comfortable when you’re typically at home and allowing your system to rest more when you’re away.
- Wi-Fi Thermostats – Connect your thermostat to your home’s Wi-Fi and communicate with it from your phone or another mobile device. At the click of a button on an app, you can change the temperature settings in your home.
- Energy-Saving Thermostats – Allow your thermostat to switch into energy-saving mode to conserve energy whenever possible.
- Thermostat Reminders – Some thermostats will remind you when it’s time to schedule routine HVAC service or change the filter.
- Zoning Thermostats – Split your home up into zones, and then adjust temperature settings for each zone individually. Some areas of your home may need more temperature control than others, and there’s no need to cool or heat every room to the max at all times.
Top 2 Thermostats for Palm Desert
Whether you decide to install a smart thermostat or you prefer to stick with an upgraded manual model, our trained professionals can help you access your system and pick the right model for your needs and budget. If you’re in the market for a new thermostat right now, there are two leading options that we recommend.
Honeywell Zoning Systems
After adding dampers to your ductwork, we can install an advanced thermostat that allows you to control the temperature in every zone of your home individually. Perhaps you have rooms in your home that aren’t used daily. Maybe some rooms contain expensive artwork, electronics, or other items that require constant temperature control.
Installing a zoning system requires planning by professionals with the training and experience to split your home into zones effectively. Honeywell zoning systems have become increasingly popular due to their energy-saving perks.
Honeywell Lyric Series Thermostats
This is the ultimate in smart home thermostats. It packs many of the features we discussed above into one intuitive unit, including:
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Mobile controls
- Automatic adaptation
- Service reminders
- Humidity level adjustments
Lyric Series thermostats make it easy to live your best life without worrying about the energy bill at home growing by the minute. From last-minute overnights to work trips and unexpected temperature spikes, Honeywell thermostats fit your lifestyle.
For more information about thermostats and other HVAC services, contact Palm Desert Air Conditioning and Heating Co. As an American Standard Customer Care Dealer, we can fit your home with the best smart, programmable, or manual thermostat available.